Thursday, September 19, 2019

Haiku Sequence


Swan Lake at Pocontico Hills

November shadows
beneath the lake's surface
slow moving bass

a thousand suns
rippling across the lake
into one

leaves settling
on the black water
without a ripple

a misted sun
reflected in the lake
still the cold
Stylus Poetry Journal

4 comments:

Magyar said...

__ Nifty Adelaide, seeing thoughts rise, through the mist of a fall pond's damp but warming sunrise.

Adelaide said...

I used to be able to walk around this lake, but it's too much for me , now. I see it only in memory.

Adelaide

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely sequence Adelaide.
Much love...

P.S. I have not been blogging for a while. As soon as i get my internet service back. I will be blogging again

Adelaide said...

Thanks Gillena. I miss your blog.

adelaide

Haibun

From the Old School     He takes my arm, not to lean on, but to guide me across the street. This father protector, his sole acknowledgement ...