Sunday, April 19, 2020

Haibun



A DATE

He was tall. Sandy colored hair that had a slight wave and poetically handsome, A Byron, a Shelley, an Ashley Wilkes.

I should have known when he said, “A movie’s too long; I don’t like miniature golf; I’ve had enough coffee today. Let’s just go for a drive.”

I should have known when he left the convenience store with a six-pack of beer. 

I should have known when he parked the car he would want more than a kiss. 

I should have known that after I told him, “No. Take me home,” he would not call again. 

peak autumn– 
the brightest shade of red
on poison ivy 
A Hundred Gourds

4 comments:

littlemancat said...

Beware too pretty a man who thinks a movie is too long... Lovely haiku, Adelaide. Hope that you're doing well.
Mary F.Ahearn

Peggy French said...

Really enjoyed this piece, great work
1

Adelaide said...

Thank you Mary. Young and naive was I .

I'm ok, holding on and writing.

Adelaide

Adelaide said...

Thank you, Peggy. Some memories remain vivid.

Adelaide