Sunday, July 31, 2011

Haibun

A MORNING IN SUMMER

            A vivid blue sky with no beginning and no end.  Pleasantly warm with low humidity. Doing ordinary tasks of no importance, one at a time, in no hurry to complete.  I pull weeds in a corner of the yard.  The sun on my back, pouring strength into my bones, sending an energy to my hands.

                                                 hidden in the trees
                                                a multitude of birds
                                                tuning up

            No one else about. Just squirrels and chipmunks on private business.  We ignore each other and complete our tasks.
                                                mid-day—
                                                my shadow mincing along
                                                beside me

Bottle Rockets, July 2006

8 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

resfeshing to read; the sun seeping its energy into you, quitely enlivening


much love...

Frank... said...

I like your haibun a lot...

Gisele LeBlanc said...

Absolutely lovely!

Gisele :)

Henrique Pimenta said...

Bom conjunto.
:)

Adelaide said...

Thank you Gillena, G.R. LeBlanc and Frank. And to Henrique, Obrigado.

Adelaide

Warren said...

Gorgeous haibun, Adelaide - you are such a spell-weaver with your words.

Warren

Kristin Riggs said...

What a gift you have, Adelaide. I'm so glad you share it with all of us. :)

Sincerely,
Kristin

Adelaide said...

Thank you Warren and Kristin,

You both weave a good spell of your own.

Adelaide