Monday, January 9, 2023

Haibun


THE RED DRESS

 

One holiday season I sew up a red dress to wear.  It is of fine wool, form fitting in the bodice with a flaring skirt that emphasizes my small waist.  The front neckline is high, but the back has a wide deep V, which requires that I wear a strapless bra.  Uncomfortable yes, but how else can I shine?  And I hope to shine that holiday season more than the lights on any Christmas tree.  

 

night of stars

the street lamp fizzles

and goes out

Presence

4 comments:

Magyar said...

care of this re-light
shines beyond these years of rust
each flake a new smile

__Today, we all carry "cares-match" for each... and every re-light! _m

Gillena Cox said...

Splendid haibun.

Much💖love

Adelaide said...

Thank you, doug. Love the haiku

adelaide

Adelaide said...

Thank you, Gillena. So many hopes and dreams when young.

adelaide